Tuesday, April 15, 2014

“What difference at this point does it make?” A lot, actually.

c0 Hillary in 2016 campaign posterIf I need a reason not to vote for Hillary Clinton, should she decide to run in 2016, I found it in her indignation at valid questions during the hearing on the Benghazi, Libya attacks.

(Just to dismiss any accusations of misogyny, I would vote for a woman or minority for president in a minute if I was satisfied they were the best candidate. Margaret Thatcher, PM of Great Britain in the Reagan Era when I first began to vote, is someone I would have voted for.)

Hillary Clinton gets mad at Benghazi Libya hearing.


Now read what she said, paying special attention to the red and green:


“With all due respect, the fact is, we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest? Or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they would go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.”--Hillary Clinton


Ms Clinton asks, then answers, her own questions.


Her reaction is disproportionate to the tone of the hearing and apparently manufactured to deflect attention when questions became especially painful.


I have no problem with leaders not having answers. Leaders are human, too.


My problem is with politicians who can’t get past pride and political Darwinism to conduct themselves with some measure of honesty and decorum.


“What difference at this point does it make?”


A lot, actually.


c0


FWIW, I think the Clintons are intelligent and sincere people who truly want to do the right thing. I also think they lack the introspection and self-awareness to see themselves as others see them.


[2014-02-23]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment