Monday, April 21, 2014

Another reason why I write. (Thank you, Chris.)

c0 Snoopy types 'It was a dark and stormy night'.Chris, the son of a roommate of mine from Calvin College, frequents this blog, and referenced me in a recent school essay.

He wrote:

“A wise friend of mine once suggested that human beings often fall prey to one of two fallacies regarding their perception of morality. The first logical error lumps all moral issues under one label: ‘variant of gray’. The second pitfall throws every issue into one of two categories: ‘suffocating darkness’ or ‘blinding light’. My friend considered both errors equally dangerous (Cairns).”
--Chris J, “The Good, the Bad, and the Bittersweet”

I am glad to count Chris among my friends, and anyone who can say the same someday will be glad as well.

I explained to my wife that the thousands of visits to my blog punctuated by delightful discoveries like this is part of what compels me to write even when so many other things seem utterly senseless.

It’s not about the likes and comments, though those are nice, it’s about the Chrises who spend a moment with my words.

Thank you, Chris.

[2014-04-16]



c0


No comments:

Post a Comment