Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It’s at times like this I wonder if this is all there is.

c0 A female praying mantis consumes her intended after coitusI recently heard a Greg Allen report on NPR in which Warren Buffett was saying he'd load up on foreclosed houses if he could solve the logistics of selling them.

Without even a hint at human suffering, the story went on to observe that a lot of folks who were forced out by foreclosure are now renting and will be buying again soon.

It’s at times like this I’m tempted to believe Carl Sagan was right when he said (and Neil deGrasse Tyson repeated), “The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be."

We eat our own.

[2014-03-10]

c0


When I’m utterly overwhelmed by injustice, ignorance, intolerance, or folks that just plain want to make sure I understand my relative importance, I remind myself that tomorrow I will feel a bit better, and the day after that better still.


It’s at times like this that I think it’s too bad I can’t tell myself “they’re wrong,” and feel better immediately.


[2014-03-17]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment