Friday, April 26, 2013

Clarence Answers All...

In answer to some recent inquiries:

c0 A vintage picture of a medium gazing into a crystal ball1
Are you sick?

Nope, I'm not sick, not dying, and not planning to anytime soon.

2
Are you Catholic?

Nope, I'm not Catholic, and not attending mass or catechism. But I believe Rome is more right than wrong and deserves a lot of credit for doing the heavy lifting for the Lord when evangelicals have largely been preoccupied with politics and doctrinal hairsplitting.

3
So what are you?

I made a decision for Christ at age 6 and was given "believer's baptism" at age 7 or so, probably 1970, at Bethel Baptist Church in Erie, PA when it was on E. 26th Street, and I shall in some respects always be a Baptist. I've never had membership in any other church or denomination; I guess I just never really left Bethel.

4
What's this story about? (Musée de la Tristesse >
 )

The story is about a writer trying to find time to write when the world around him thinks that's a waste of time.

We don't leave much behind...

  • The DNA that made new human beings
  • Our actions that affected others
  • Anything we put on paper or online

c0 The  Energizer BunnyHundreds of years from now, nothing we care about today will still be here. But the issues won't change, and most everyone will still be scurrying around like little Energizer bunnies trying the same solutions we tried a hundred years before and getting the same results.

But some few will read these words, listen to old music, watch old movies, and find some beauty in all the noise.

It's quiet inside my head, even though the world is screaming.

5
Where are you originally from?

Tralfamadore, a tiny planet tucked out of the way in the Small Magellanic Cloud. If you blink, you'll miss it.

[2013-04-24]

 

c0

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the clarification on these questions - I feel much better now.

    I've been to the Small Magellanic Cloud - Nice place. Tried to find it a second time once; must have blinked.

    ReplyDelete