Sunday, April 28, 2013

You ain't from 'round here, are ya?

c0 This is a picture of Mt Airy, NC, the town Mayberry, RFD was based on.
Click to enlarge: Mt Airy, NC, the town Mayberry, RFD was based on (well, the town Andy Griffith grew up in).
I've had two family members - one younger, one older, and both who know me very well - tell me I wouldn't do well in a small town.

Guess I have to take their words for it, though I like to have tried, nonetheless.

I think that train has left the station.

[2013-03-23]



c0



c0 Leonardo DiCaprio trying to stay afloat at the end of Titanic.
Click to enlarge: Leonardo DiCaprio trying to stay afloat at the end of Titanic.

Why is it that some folks take offense when they're asked if they might like something others like? They can't just not like it, they have to hate it, as though popularity immediately deserves contempt.

I must admit to having this reaction just once that I recall - to Titanic. I was ready to push Leonardo DiCaprio's head under myself and tell him to Die already, willya?

Then there are those that recommend a movie or a menu item or a travel destination, and if you don't take their advice they are insulted.

Never understood that.

(I have no one in particular in mind, truly, rather an old story told to me by an acquaintance.)

[2013-03-11]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment