Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised by Starbuck's VIA Instant Coffee

c0 Starbuck's VIA Instant Columbian Coffee
Click to enlarge: Starbuck's VIA Instant Columbian Coffee

In an effort to save a little money, I recently tried a package of Starbuck's VIA Instant Coffee and have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

They managed to get most of the instant taste out and enough Starbuck's in that I'm not reminded with every sip that I'm drinking instant coffee.

Would I pay $2.50 a cup for it? No, but it's not bad for something you pour out of a pouch.

Hint: Double it up - use two packets per 16 oz cup. If you find it on sale, you're still under $2 a cup.

[2013-04-19]


c0



c0 Da Vinci's The Last Supper
Click to enlarge: Da Vinci's The Last Supper

I don't see a meaningful difference between transubstantiation and consubstantiation:

transubstantiation
The bread and wine change fully and literally into the body and blood of Jesus during communion.

consubstantiation
The bread and wine coexist with the body and blood of Jesus during communion.

I guess I should say I understand the difference, but not the distinction.

Consubstantiation seems like a compromise to satisfy doctrinal nit-picking.

Compare Eucharistic theologies here >


Seems the basic difference is "Christ is physically there" vs. "Christ is not physically there." Anything in between is semantics. (And IMHO Jesus didn't really give us that choice.)

[2013-02-20]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment