Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Great Radio Decision: a Nook (thank you, Jing)

c0 The Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader
Click to enlarge: The Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader

I wrote some time back (>) about debating over radio scanners for my car. I'd decided on one, got the green light from my wife, and waited, and waited, and waited, until I got so fed up with my own indecision I decided to spend that money on something else, an e-reader. After some research on what I need (loading my own PDFs and EPUB books was nonnegotiable), I went with the GlowLight Nook.

Thank you, Jing, for being patient with my procrastination. (We are house-hunting and none of our income is disposable.)

I may still get that scanner - I really want one - but I'll get more use out of the reader. What little time I have for it will be well spent.

[2013-04-06
]
 

c0

c0 The "Lépante" clavichord, Musée de la Musique, Paris
Click to enlarge: The "Lépante" clavichord, Musée de la Musique, Paris

I always wanted to play the clavichord. Not a piano, a clavichord. I like the sound better, especially on the lower registers. Probably also relates to my fondness for Baroque music.

I owned an electronic keyboard many years ago that could sound a little like a clavichord (among other things) and I bought and studied music written for clavichord at that time.

Unfortunately, I have no musical talent whatsoever and there's no need for me to inflict that on others.

[2013-03-15
]

 

c0

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Score the reader NOW and angle for the scanner LATER! Good Work!

    ReplyDelete