Monday, May 19, 2014

Left behind.

c0 Jesus coming in the clouds
Jesus coming in the clouds. Evangelicals believe Jesus will return in this manner and that born-again believers will be "caught up" with him. I believe this is a metaphor for an event that has no familiar equivalent; but it is also a comforting and appealing one.
Ever fall into 15 minutes of online silence - no email comes in, no Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest activity - and begin to wonder if the Internet went down or the entire world is paying attention to something else and you don't know about it yet?

It's like Jesus came back and you were left behind.

[2014-05-07]

c0

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone behind you eager to do better.

They just don't see that the line behind you extends behind them also.

c0 Cartoon about climbing the corporate ladderAs you age, that line gets longer. I became aware of how long it was only within the last few years. But it's not just a line, it's a beaded string of opportunities. Each one of those behind you may be able to teach you something, help everyone succeed, or cast you in a brighter light by failing, which is bad but will happen.

I am better at what I do because of those I follow and those following me, whether they like me or not, help me or not, or pass or fall behind me.

[2014-05-07]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment