Friday, September 19, 2014

When your friends start dying...

c0 Vögleins Begräbnis ('The burial of a bird')
Vögleins Begräbnis ('The burial of a bird').
Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons (
>)
When your friends start dying, you at first think it's something new, wonder at the cruelty, and why not me? Then you realize it's not new, but the oldest rite of passage there is, and you settle in for the ride, hoping your stop isn't announced for a while.

Eventually, I'll able to count on one hand those that are left, if I'm around to count them at all, and retain enough marbles and fingers.

It's hard to say whether leaving a little early with a little more attention is to be preferred over leaving last with no attention at all.

Of course, it's not about me, but those left mourning me that could use the attention, when that time comes.

[2013-09-13]

c0


It occurred to me while watching yet another network news segment filled with more hype than help, that the kids spending more time alone with pods and pads and phones and controllers are a bit better off than if they were watching TV.

My fear isn't the histrionics, but that anyone would confuse it with news.

[2013-08-16]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment