Wednesday, October 8, 2014

a tiny poem

c0 The cow jumped over the moon and the dish ran away with the spooni trust the night
and bull frogs and crickets and far-away trains
tucking slowly into willows
like bunting 'round a baby
nodding into untroubled sleep


c0


I originally had a line about the sun dropping below the window sill, but eventually went the the baby route. My window sill was in Erie, PA, and the sun dropped behind a treeline and wild grape vines that clung to a stone retaining wall across the street in neighbors' back yards.


We didn't have a willow tree in our yard (a neighbor did, a very large one), but it fits well here.



c0


I created a CD from my Mannheim Steamroller collection called "Mannheim Nighttime," all quiet, soothing carols. This is among them, and among my favorites. It ends with a toy piano that brings tears to my eyes if the moment is right. I've begun playing this at bedtime on Dee Dee's Barbie CD player. Before that, I was playing a CD that Brother Tom gave us last year. Dee Dee's bedroom has quiet carols playing at night all year.


Mannheim Steamroller - Stille Nacht



[2014-08-14]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment