Friday, October 10, 2014

Unfortunate logo placement.

c0 Unfortunate logo placement for Art PrizePerhaps because I work with words I'm more inclined to see letters in shapes.

BTW, for the uninitiated, the shape is a silhouette of a Calder statue downtown. It's become a symbol of Grand Rapids and can be seen on street signs, letterhead, etc. It's a big deal among those who understand modern art.

(You probably figured out that I don't. I also make no judgment one way or the other, but trust others to make it for me, as I do for rare-done steaks, opera, or sports. Most of my life comes down to "If you say so," not because I easily relinquish my own opinion, but because most of what preoccupies others doesn't interest me. But if I do have an opinion, and the issue is important, I'll share it.)

Below is the Calder in downtown Grand Rapids. It's called 'La Grande Vitesse'.



c0 Alexander Calder's 'La Grande Vitesse' in Grand Rapids, MI (Wikimedia Commons)
Alexander Calder's 'La Grande Vitesse' in Grand Rapids, MI (Wikimedia Commons)


[2014-10-04]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment