Sunday, October 12, 2014

An excellent sermon by Pastor Dave Miles (Approach each other with humility.)

c0 Pastor Dave with his wife Kristen and son Joel
Pastor Dave with his wife Kristen and son Joel. This is from their family blog >, so I trust they don't mind me using it to decorate my blog here.
This sermon was given by my brother in Christ, Pastor Dave Miles at Bethel Baptist Church on Sept 28, 2014...

d(-_-)b Listen now >

These things are important, they're not philosophical meanderings that pass through you like Sunday dinner. They should be constant preoccupations. I think Pastor Dave handled them gracefully and honestly.

"Approach each other with humility" was among his closing thoughts, and it was sincere and refreshing. I consume a lot of Christian media of all types, and those words are often hollow, if I hear them at all.


Bethel Baptist in Erie is my boyhood church, and in some ways still home.

[2014-10-01]

c0


Many years ago, I attended Eastern Avenue Free Methodist Church in Grand Rapids. I never became a member, but it was my church home for a while. The pastor at that time, Pastor Keep, had preached a sermon on evolution one Sunday. Afterward, I thanked him but said we were on different sides of that issue. He said that was okay, we agreed on the important stuff.

That was humility, too.

[2014-10-07]

No comments:

Post a Comment