Monday, May 27, 2013

I can tell my brother by the flowers in his eyes, I'm on the road to Shambala.

c0 An artist's rendition of Shambhala
Click to enlarge: An artist's rendition of Shambhala, in Buddhism a mystical kingdom and place of peace and tranquility.

Once upon a time people sang about things like Shambhala and believed they were real, or at least attainable with sufficient and sincere introspection.

I don't think that's such a bad thing. I can think of worse things to sing about.

 

 

 

c0

c0 Clarence talks to George after he pulls him out of the water. George is suddenly able to hear with an ear that's been deaf since a childhood accident. George says to Clarence, "Say something else in that ear." Clarence replies, "Sure. You can hear out of it."Say something else in that ear.

"We spend most of our lives finding ourselves, which means almost daily deciding we are not what others want us to be.

We often keep this to ourselves, for it's better in the long run, regarding small matters, to be what others want us to be.

That is most often called having manners."

--Clarence 0ddbody

[2013-04-20]

c0

I can tell my brother by the flowers in his eyes, I'm on the road to Shambala.

Three Dog Night - Shambala (1975)

 



[2013-04-28]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment