Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm Your Boogie Man, Turn Me On

c0 KC from KC and the Sunshine Band
Click to enlarge: KC from KC and the Sunshine Band

Back in the 1970's it was common to see lights on top of trucks with (what I presume were) bright yellow canvas protective covers with the initials "KC."

I never knew until today that KC is an off-road lighting company. But of course all I could think of in the 1970's was KC and the Sunshine Band, who were inescapable on the radio and at the roller rink.

Skate Erie was the big roller rink we went to as young teens. It's not there anymore, but it was clean and good family fun, even though most of the teens there were unchaperoned. The oval rink had a tower off to one side, with a glass booth at the top c0 KC is a popular brand in off-road lighting.where a disk jockey played records. He took requests but never played ours. We always asked for Kiss and he always played something like KC and the Sunshine Band, which I didn't care for then but can tolerate now, in rationed quantities, like old episodes of The Love Boat or Fantasy Island.

c0


KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man



c0

As much as I disliked disco as a teen, it remains part for the soundtrack of my life and I've developed a nostalgic affection for it.

Not enough to make time to listen to it, but enough to smile if I hear it.

[2013-05-02]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment