Thursday, February 13, 2014

If you didn’t see it… Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham (and the distillation to a sticking point).



c0 Opening screenshot of the Nye and Ham creation evolution debate
Bill Nye and Ken Ham
My opinion? I actually started a list of observations for each man, but when I was done, I was surprised how much the lists were alike.


Let me just say they were both easy to listen to, and I think I’d enjoy the company of both should I ever meet them.


One, however, was more right than wrong, and more often more right than the other.


c0


IMHO you may as well debate the color blue or wetness of water. Sure, might make for an interesting conversation, but our relationships to each other and the natural world are more interesting to me.


Nye’s universe doesn't eliminate a God anymore than Ham’s ensures one.


In the end, what I appreciated was the civil demeanor and distillation down to a sticking point, even though each side thought the other was not just wrong, but dangerously deluded.


That is unfortunately rare.


What was the sticking point? Simply this: What is the physical evidence for a young earth?


There is none that bears up under scrutiny.


c0


Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - HD


[2014-02-05]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment