Friday, February 21, 2014

Connections (spooky action at a distance)

c0 Baby EinsteinI often dream about people I've known, both alive and dead, and wonder if in those moments I am not sharing a real encounter.

Did you know that when you touch another person you are exchanging electrons? We share in each other in ways we can’t even begin to imagine.

Quantum entanglement (spooky action at a distance > ) intrigues me, not because it provides a (sort of) believable foundation for Star Trek-ish transportation, but because it says two things are connected despite distance, any distance, and any will to the contrary. You can no more suspend gravity than disregard quantum entanglement.

c0



There are accounts of closely connected people that sense each other’s trials even though they are far away. Most of this is probably coincidence. After all, we’re all closely connected to someone; if you tally all the premonitions across billions of people, you’ll get a lot of coincidentally accurate ones; but among them might be something else, a subatomic particle, perhaps, that passed from one finger to another and migrated to the brain, where it settled and beacons across time and space.

c0

c0 Frame 352 from the October 20th, 1967 Patterson-Gimlin film of Bigfoot (Wikimedia Commons)And there will be wrong ones. I dreamt once of my Grandma Grandy (Mom’s mom) being taken up into heaven with Jesus. This was when she was alive. The dream was so vivid, I had to call home and make sure she was okay.

c0


I’m a skeptic, but I love the paranormal; I’d like nothing more than to meet a real alien, or Bigfoot or Nessie.

c0

We desperately want to be connected to others. And we sometimes feel what we desperately want to feel.

[2014-02-12]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment