Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Terry’s Ice Cream

c0 A picture of Neapolitan ice cream (Wikimedia Commons)While rinsing an empty half gallon carton of ice cream, I was reminded of a man named Terry who also rinsed ice cream containers before pitching them.

I don’t remember Terry’s last name. He attended the same church I did at that time, which was Eastern Avenue Free Methodist Church, pastored by Dick Keep, who long ago accepted a church appointment in Florida and by now must be retired.

I don’t remember Terry’s last name. He was a large, gentle man, a long-time church member. He died a number of years ago, asleep in his easy chair, in front of the TV; and though I don’t know, I’d like to think he was restfully digesting a big bowl of ice cream.

[2014-02-09]

c0

Some Christians refer to the departed as “rejoicing with the angels.” I don’t mind the idea of rejoicing, I just hope I don’t have to do much singing. An eternity of singing would be, well, characteristic of another direction some take when they kick the bucket.

[2014-02-09]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment