Sunday, February 16, 2014

Studying the Gospel of John with Bethel Baptist Church

c0 View of the sanctuary at Bethel Baptist Church in Erie, PA
View of the sanctuary at Bethel Baptist Church in Erie, PA. This picture is from their website at bethelerie.org.
I grew up in Bethel Baptist Church and listen to their podcast every week. Recently a new pastor was installed, Rev Dave MIles, and I’m enjoying listening to him. I haven’t heard too many of his sermons yet, but I know him and have great respect for him.


Last Sunday he began a series on the Gospel of John; I’m really looking forward to this series, as it figures prominently in some fundamental disagreements among Christians.


I was going through Mark, but I will now start John. I'm using both the RSV and Living Bible at present.








BTW, I have no desire to critique or debate or comment on these. Just learn.


[2014-02-10]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment