Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why I like the Super Bowl despite loathing sports.



c0 This images shows concussion damage in retired NFL players
This images shows concussion damage in retired NFL players. Roxanne Jones, a founding editor of ESPN: Why I'm saying goodbye to football >
I took my family to see a movie Super Bowl Sunday afternoon, and the mall was nearly empty.

You’d have thought it was Christmas Eve.

Lots of moms and dads and strollers and people like me, I think, that just enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere that descends when sufficient serotonin ambulates aimlessly in open spaces.

c0

Football damages fragile human beings who are finding ways to elevate their serotonin. And so it is with NASCAR, mountain climbing, skydiving, and some professions perhaps that routinely involve danger.

Makes you wonder what the real difference is between a touchdown and a toke.

c0

When I was in 11th grade at McDowell High School in Erie, PA, John Pfluger drew a picture of the “Super Bowl” in his English notebook. It was a picture of super bong of Cheech and Chong proportions.

Kids made bongs in shop class in those days. Some very attractive.



[2014-01-03]



c0

Overheard:
“I’m taking medication to help me focus and remember things.”
“Is it working?”
“I keep forgetting to take it.”

Ba-rrrump-pum pshhhhhh.

[2014-01-31]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment