Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feed your head.

c0 Kiev riots on Jan 23, 2014
Kiev riots on Jan 23, 2014
After an onslaught of news so inane or horrible that it was either numbing or unfathomable, I am mentally and physically exhausted.

We move with ease between Al Roker giving Russian lessons, to the death toll hitting 25 in Kiev (not to mention oh-by-the-way 4 killed in a Beirut bombing).

We exhaust ourselves with trivial matters. It’s a wonder we have any energy left for the important ones.

[2014-02-19]


c0


c0 Chris Hayes
Chris Hayes
Chris Hayes asked today if his audience understood what the sides are in the Ukrainian dispute, and which side we should be on.

Interesting question. It seems to suggest I’d want to take a side, if only I spend the next segment with him to educate myself.

How about this side: Everyone stop killing each other.

My generation had it right after all. A unkempt toking rabble who, instead of rain on anyone’s parade, tuned in, turned on, and dropped out.[1]

This is still cool 40+ years later:

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Feed your head.


c0


[1]
The hippie movement had a number of factions, some politically motivated, some decidedly not. I think I identified more with the “nots.”

FWIW, I kinda like Chris Hayes. He's got a job to do, just wish he'd be more of a hipster Anderson Cooper and less a hipster Sean Hannity.

And if anyone's wondering how I am still watching MSNBC after getting rid of expanded cable - for some reason, the cable company left that channel on. So I watch it. I suspect that's an accidentally-on-purpose agreement with MSNBC.


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment