Thursday, February 6, 2014

I figured out why Facebook “Like” was not pulling in my blog pictures



c0 Social APIs at the bottom of Clarence's posts
Social APIs at the bottom of Clarence's posts
Recently the Facebook API that appears at the bottom of each of these posts stopped pulling in pictures I had posted to my blog. Others were experiencing the same issues.

It wasn't until I was experimenting with Linux and using Blogger’s native editor that I discovered it was a combination of the editors I was using and Windows Live Writer (which I used at that time to lay out and schedule).

If I pasted my post into Blogger’s native editor and added images the way they want me to, the Facebook API works fine.

c0 The dogs bark and the caravan moves onSome developer someplace tweaked something that hobbled Live Writer, and since Live Writer isn't being maintained anymore, this the first (of probably many) little inconveniences that will eventually leave it behind.

The dogs bark, and the caravan moves on.

[2014-01-26]

c0

No comments:

Post a Comment