Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dee Dee sings at Trinity Lutheran in Ada, MI

Last Sunday, the 3rd Sunday in Advent, we attended Trinity Lutheran to watch Dee Dee sing a couple Christmas songs. She and Mom also attend Trinity's Wednesday soup dinner and choir activities.

Trinity is ELCA. If you're not up on Lutheran varieties, ELCA is regarded as more liberal. I am LCMS. (Some links at bottom of this post.)

Though I am happily LCMS, I was especially pleased to hear these words from the pulpit at the beginning of the service: "All are welcome at the Lord's Table."  I gladly joined them.

(You may recall I wrote about communion recently here >)

And the children sing… first service...


I thought I'd recorded the 2nd service, too, but alas, all I have is pictures. Apple needs to add an indicator on the back of the iPhone that tells you what's happening on the other side. Can't tell you how many times I thought I was taking a movie but wasn't.


c0 Dee Dee singing in children's choir, Trinity Lutheran, Christmas 2014
Dee Dee singing in children's choir, Trinity Lutheran, Christmas 2014


c0 There she is, in the red box. Dee Dee singing in children's choir, Trinity Lutheran, Christmas 2014
There she is, in the red box. Blow-up of Dee Dee singing in children's choir, Trinity Lutheran, Christmas 2014.



c0

As Pastor Linstrom says at the end of each service, "Go in peace and remember the poor."


c0

Learn more about LCMS Lutheranism : Wikipedia | LCMS Home
Learn more about ELCA Lutheranism: Wikipedia | ELCA Home


[2014-12-14]


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment