Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bring a Torch, Dee Dee

c0 Dee Dee Jean CairnsA couple Christmases ago I burned a CD I labeled "Mannheim Nighttime." It's a collection of 20 or so quiet Christmas songs that make great lullabies. I played it in Dee Dee's room at night the weeks leading up to Christmas.

This last Christmas was a blur. So I thought, why not play that CD some more, now that the music can breathe outside the frenetic holiday? And so I have been, and Dee Dee has come to expect it. I often restart it in the middle of the night if she wakes up.

One of the tracks on the CD is called "Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella." As I understand, it didn't start out as a Christmas carol, but has become one over the years.

The other night, I was checking on Dee Dee before I went to bed myself, and that song was playing. I stood there in the doorway and just watched her sleep by night light for the two and a half minutes that song played.

That inspired me to do this this little collage.

Good night sweet princess....


Started: 2013-02-17

c0

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chuck -

    Nice Work!

    When are you going to start a video production company??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! Baby steps... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck, this is so beautiful. Especially touching with the music. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete