Monday, February 4, 2013

Feel sick? Be flexible.

c0 Gumby and PokeyOverheard on The Today Show, 12/26, from a financial expert on planning for 2013: "Deplete your healthcare flex spending."

Am I the only one that thinks there's something fundamentally wrong with...

• ...spending on healthcare at the end of the year because you didn't get sick during the year?

• ...saving for sickness and then losing your savings because you didn't get sick?

• ...asking the impoverished to bankroll their own healthcare?

• ...having to have this discussion in the first place?

When absurdity passes unnoticed for normalcy, we have a serious problem.

That deserves a good curse word, but I'll restrain myself. Adam's watching.



c0

Started
: 2012-12-26



2 comments:

  1. No, you're not the only one. And I've learned that many of the rules from lifes playbook are just that: Absurd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete