Monday, February 18, 2013

Papal Typo

The Pope apparently doesn't tweet ex cathedra[1]. Note the typo...

Sat 2/2/2013 6:02 AM
_tmp_amn_pic_92_10_0

Sat 2/2/2013 7:03 AM
_tmp_amn_pic_23_13_0

[2013-02-11
]


c0





c0 I think this painting is called Our Daily Bread. I don't know the artist. It hung in my Aunt Berniece and Uncle Dave's home for years; I think it still does. Its simplicity has always held my attention. Where's his family? Is that all he has to eat? Is that a bible? Paintings like this that you see every day invite lots of questions.Overheard

“When [Jesus] wanted fully to explain what his forthcoming death was all about, he didn’t give them a theory. He didn’t even give them a set of scriptural texts. He gave them a meal.”

--NT Wright, Simply Jesus

[2013-01-17]

c0

[1]
When communicating ex cathedra, the Pope is regarded as infallible by Roman Catholics. Of course, it is possible that someone else actually does the Pope's tweeting, or there may be an allowance for linguistic stumbles that plague us all, or, of course, tweeting is not ex cathedra.
Nothing really meaningful here, I just found it interesting.


c0

No comments:

Post a Comment