Friday, February 15, 2013

... he half-expected to be terrified with the sight of Marley's pigtail sticking out into the hall.

c0 Marley's face appears in Scrooge's doorknocker; from the Christmas Carol version titled Scrooge, with Albert Finney.I've worn a ponytail for much of my Midwestern corporate career and have, by my choice, circumscribed my opportunities and partially defined the opinion of others around me, sometimes bad, sometimes good. We are judged by how we appear.[1]

[2012-03-24]

c0

I learned recently of a pet cemetery that cremates aborted fetuses along with deceased cats and dogs.

Story >


What have we come to.

We discard the unwanted unborn with our dead animals..

[2013-01-23
]

c0

c0 Clarence at the Black Rose, maybe 8 years ago.[1]
The law prevents official sanction for nonconformity. But it still happens and always will. You can't legislate a private opinion. I don't wear a ponytail right now. My LinkedIn picture 
is current, but I l like this picture better; you may have noticed it's also at the top of this blog.

I've given my ponytail it to Locks of Love a few times now. Somewhere a sick child is wearing Clarence's hair. I think that's nice.

 

c0

2 comments:

  1. Chuck - Regarding the pet cemetery, I agree, it sounds horrific. I suspect that the owners of the cemetery mean no disrespect, since in their line of business they know how much people genuinely love their animals. Still, the apparent 'equalization' of fetuses and animals is disturbing. Thanks for making me think about it for the first time. Are you aware of any human cemeteries that bury the aborted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom, no, but I only read the article (and heard discussion on the radio). There are more unpleasant stories than that one. I suppose if one is to rank such things, we can discover more upsetting ways we discard the unborn. If, as I suspect, abortion advocates say the unwanted fetus is no different than a tumor or appendix, then we are going to too much trouble even by cremating them with our pets.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete