Thursday, February 7, 2013

Briefly but Pleasantly Disoriented


c0 lightning as seen through a windowLight Askance

Due to sickness in the house, I've recently been sleeping in just about every room and have had a chance to see what each is like when the only light in the room is what seeps in from the outside - on this particular night, that was lightening, street lights, and an occasional passing car.

It was strangely foreign but at the same time peaceful. The angles are so different at night, it was like I was a guest in someone else's home, and that in the morning someone would rouse me for bacon and eggs and ask me how I slept.

[2013-01-30]


c0


Briefly but Pleasantly Disoriented

We recently moved a nightstand lamp in our bedroom. It's a ceramic paneled lamp that casts a soft yellow light. The new location - a long, high bureau - reminds me of the hurricane lamps that were in Mom and Dad's bedroom. It's very calming.

Strange how a sound, a light, a smell will induce a sudden childhood euphoria in which we curl up tight, then creep back out, briefly but pleasantly disoriented.

[2013-01-30]

c0


2 comments:

  1. You mean you don't get bacon and eggs every morning?? That aint right! Makes a guy wonder what the world's coming to :-)

    We've changed our ways a litte too (even eat fruit sometimes, and oatmeal) - but if you come this way, I'll go back to my old habits and make some chesse grits with sausage gavy and biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit and oatmeal in the south for breakfast? Now that's a disturbing trend!

    --c0

    ReplyDelete