Tuesday, November 12, 2013

An atheistic defense of public prayer.

c0 Senate Chaplain Rev Barry Black1. There is no God, god, or first principle circumscribing preferred behavior.[1]

2. Living things organize and protect themselves by means that assure the hardiest survive.

3. Any means or byproducts of those means exist and persist for no other reason.

4. Public prayer is a means or byproduct of a means by which certain human social structures have survived.


I don’t have to care about your beliefs or feelings and you don’t have to care about mine. I don’t have to feed you, clothe you, house you, or educate you. And I can force you to listen to me pray because, well, because it pleases me, and sometimes it pleases me to not please you, and there is no reason why I should feel badly about that, just as you would stop me from praying if you could, but you see, I get to make that decision and you don’t.


"Supreme Court to decide government’s role in public prayer" >


Senate Chaplain Rev. Barry Black, "Save Us From the Madness"

(c0: This was an incredible prayer.)




[2013-11-08]


c0


If this is the first post of mine you’ve read, please poke around a little before responding (in your head or with you fingers).


[2013-11-10]


c0


[1]

There must be some fundamental assumptions, obviously, ie, that we exist, that we occupy the same reality with the same physical laws, that you understand English roughly the same way I do, etc. I’m referring to revealed truths here.



c0

No comments:

Post a Comment