Monday, November 11, 2013

We sometimes don't know what we were missing until someone shows us.

c0 Internet Explorer 'Go' arrow to the right of the address bar
c0 Google Chrome 'paste and go' right-click context menu
Click to enlarge:

Top: Internet Explorer 'Go' arrow to the right of the address bar

Bottom: Google Chrome 'paste and go' right-click context menu

When Microsoft added the little arrow to the right of the address bar, I considered it a blessing, as I do a lot of left-hand-keyboard and right-hand-mouse combinations; that little arrow got lots of criticism (as pointless and a waste of space) when it was introduced.

As much as I loved it then, I hate it now. Chrome went one better and allows you to right-click paste and go. One action does both. Very smart.

c0

I’m not much for reading metaphysical truths into the mundane (numerology or coincidence, for example). However, sometimes a trivial observation like this can tell us a lot about ourselves.


[2013-11-04]


c0

2 comments:

  1. I'm fuzzy here - what DOES this observation tell us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's an example of how we can be quite happy, even grateful, with an inferior experience because we have no exposure to the superior one.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete