Sunday, November 3, 2013

My hamfest restoration comes in handy during a freeway accident.

c0 My scratched up but functional refurbished $3 hamfest RadioShack TRC-232I’ve been turning on my CB when I’m on the Interstate just for fun and today it worked just as I had anticipated: Traffic slowing, lots of brake lights, there’s an accident up ahead on US-131 North between 28th and Burton. Sure enough, the chatter on the CB picks up as more brake lights go on, and within a few seconds I hear that the left two lanes are blocked, so I get over into the right lane with a bunch of truckers doing the same thing.

There was no profanity, no music or burping, just truckers talking about lanes and exits and how serious the accident was as they got close enough to see it.

Short video of CB chatter on Oct 11 2013 regarding an accident on US-131 between Burton and 28th:

 


[2013-10-11]



c0


No comments:

Post a Comment