Saturday, November 16, 2013

Another reason why abortion is legal.

c0 William F Buckley, JrThe privileged class knows most of the babies being aborted are from underprivileged classes; the privileged will likely not ever meaningfully interact with them; so long as they reproduce in sufficient numbers to keep stores, factories, and armies full, that is enough. The rest can be discarded before they become a charge to society.

This may be subconscious for most, and probably very conscious for some.


This is not entirely my own idea (if any idea can be one’s own), and not an entire explanation for abortion rate differences among classes[1]. I read something similar in National Review many years ago. I stopped reading it when William F Buckley left as Editor-in-Chief. Not because it went downhill, but because it wasn’t the same without him. But I’m still fond of the enlightened conservatism it featured.


[2012-11-01]


 

c0


[1]

See the infographics from January 8, 2013 at the Guttmacher Institute, “Roe at 40: New Infographics Illustrate Key Facts About Abortion in the United States”  here >


Guttmacher is a pro-choice organization.


[2013-11-12]


c0



2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget discovering National Review (completely by chance) while working a security job (closed Catholic Seminary) in North East, PA. It was laying around, I picked it up and started reading. I was amazed at the perspective - So different than anything I'd read before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that same "wow, this is different" response. I was hoping for something like that with "The American Spectator," but alas, not to be.

    --c0

    ReplyDelete